As a mom and a teacher, I know that it is extremely important to start the school year off right. Of course, you’ll want the right supplies, but there’s more than that to help your child get ready for back to school.
How to Get Ready for Back to School
Ensuring a healthy, safe, and successful school year can be made simple by following these 10 easy steps:
- Getting clothes and backpacks ready the night before leads to a smooth start to the day. This simple habit avoids arguments and wasting time in the morning.
- When purchasing backpacks, avoid having names and phone numbers embroidered in visible places. Stick with initials. You do not want strangers being able to read your child’s name.
- – During the summer, have some fun taste tests on new and healthy products including fruits and veggies. This way, you’ll know what they like to eat and there will be no upsetting surprises during the year. You will then be able to buy some things in bulk to save time and money.
- -Practice your phone numbers often. Nowadays, we rely so much on cell phones that we do not know as many important numbers as we should. It is a good habit to practice house and cell numbers. You can put them to the beat of a song.
- – Establish a routine. If your child knows what to expect, such as a small snack, then homework, everyone will be much happier.
- – Have your child’s feet measured for new school shoes. Kids grow like weeds throughout the summer.
- – Buy school supplies in bulk now. Super sales are available right now on school supplies right now. Buy extra now to avoid high costs later. Do not just buy what the list says is needed for school. Have extras available at home for homework and projects.
- – Read aloud to your child for enjoyment. The school year can be hectic for all of you but try to take time for a special story.
- -Practice how to correctly wash your hands. and how to cover a sneeze and cough. Little kids can sing the ABCs while washing the front, back, and between the fingers. Using an elbow to cover a sneeze or a cough can help stop the spread of germs.
- – Have a vision test so that your child has a successful learning year.
I hope these tips help you and your children have a great start to a new school year.
Let me know if you have ideas that help you get ready for back to school or if you found any of these helpful.