What is better than getting away for a weekend? It is getting away with girlfriends to enjoy an experience like no other. Hop on a plane and head directly to Atlanta Georgia. The fun starts when you land and realize you are less than a 15 min ride to enjoy speed like no other at Porsche Experience Center, I was able to be part of this occasion with A Girls Guide to Cars for their 2nd annual Conference.
Did you know that this is the first automotive experience center to open in North America? Besides being able to get behind the wheel of their amazing fleet you can be submerged in the history of Porsche.
The Porsche Experience Center is like no other. My jaw literally dropped as when entered the facility. This once in a lifetime experience started with lunch at Restuarant 365 the ultimate in fine dining
5 Reasons to Visit the Porsche Experience Center
1. Step out of your comfort zone and drive a vehicle like no other. I was able to get behind the wheel of the Porsche 911 and fell in love with the sleek design and of course the speed.
2. The perfect place for team building experiences. A little friendly competition never hurt anyone. The simulators allow up to 6 drivers to compete against each other. Don’t worry if you crash no will get hurt.
3. The instructors are amazing. They want you to become a better driver and will help you along the way. From the moment you sit in the driver’s seat, they want to know what you want to get out of the time on the development track. I get a little motion sick, so my fear was too many spins. No worries, he took that into consideration and the afternoon I had was a total success.
4. The food – Let’s just say having lunch at Restuarant 356 would be enough just to go for a visit. The view of the driver development track gets you psyched for what awaits you.
5. The Experience of being on the development track is like no other. It certainly does help you become a better driver, it isn’t always about speed (though it is fun to put the pedal to the metal)
Driver Development Track
- The track consists of six driving modules:
- Handling Circuit: A 1.6-mile handling course designed to mimic winding country roads with a number of corners and undulations. Here, a driver will learn the finer points on choosing the correct path when negotiating the curves and proper application of accelerating and braking techniques.
- Kick Plate: Tests vehicle control skills when encountering a skid or spin. The kick-plate is a flush-mounted, hydraulically actuated plate placed before a wetted epoxy surface. As a vehicle travels over the plate at a safe rate of speed, sensors move the plate randomly left or right to mimic sliding that might occur during inclement weather conditions.
- Off-Road Course: Features 21 different off-road obstacles including a 1.1 ratio hill climb and a 45-degree vertical descent challenge to demonstrate the expansive capabilities of a Cayenne’s off-road engineering and safety technology.
Dynamics Area: Tests the speed, agility and lane-change performance on a large asphalt pad designed to simulate unique maneuvers you may encounter during your daily driving.
- Low-Friction Circle: Provides over-steer capabilities of a Porsche vehicle at the low-friction circle with uniform inward slope and the polished concrete surface.
- Low-Friction Handling: A similar polished concrete surface as the Low-Friction Circle, except it introduces a series of unique, tight curves, with a mixture of various radius types on-and-off camber corners.
You too can plan your next adventure or give the gift or heading to Atlanta to be Queen of the road.
The venue includes a Heritage Gallery, Classic Factory Restoration Workshop, and the Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur – Personal Design Studio. Rounding out the experience center is a Driving Simulator Lab, the Porsche Retail Store, Business Center