This post has been sponsored by Dr Seuss and KidzVuz.com. All opinions are my own.
Dr. Seuss created some of the most beloved characters for children. His characters made it possible for children to strengthen their reading skills while having fun and enjoying a story. This is why I love the option of costumes that are out there for Halloween. All the pieces that I am showcasing can be found in Party City.
Sometimes you can get more use out of a t-shirt style costume than a complete outfit and I am going to show you just that.
- The Adult Cat in the Hat T-shirt can be worn many ways. To make a complete costume, I wore black pants and a black long-sleeved shirt underneath. This gave it the purrrrrfect Cat in the Hat feel. Paired with the Adult Cat in the Hat Top Hat, I was totally in character.
2. Another option is to go with only the Cat in the Hat T-shirt and top hat. You still have a costume and look great. This works great especially if it is a warmer Halloween evening.
3. How about a Thing 1 costume? I do own a full onesie style but that can feel like pj’s. This long-sleeved T-shirt is perfect for the casual Halloween look.
I thought this Thing 1 t-shirt was a fun way to get into costume and had a cute flair to it. It is also a great costume to be a part of a team. The Thing 1 circle is removable and it also comes with a Thing 2 circle. Pick up two of these costumes and you and a friend or family member are ready to go!
4. What I really like about the Cat in the Hat T-shirt as opposed to a full costume is that it is perfect for more than just Halloween.
The Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 costumes can be worn for Character Day or Mystery Reader Day at school. You can either dazzle the kids as a teacher with your fun costume. If you are a parent, it is perfect for going in to school to surprise your child as the class Mystery Reader. Don’t forget Dr. Seuss’ birthday is March 2 and it is the perfect way to honor him by wearing a costume too!
5. My final reason as to why I think a Dr. Seuss style costume is perfect is that it is so versatile and will be used over and over again. It might not even be you who is reusing it. With all the different types of spirit days that they have at school, someone in your family might just sneak it out of your room and where it themselves. Dress up is always fun when you want to be the Cat in the Hat.
As a mom, I try to be resourceful yet I also want to have fun too! This is why going to your local Party City or shopping on the Party City Website for the Cat in the Hat or a Thing 1 costume will have you ready for this Halloween!