To Infinity and Beyond! Get ready Toy Story fans, Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World is adding Toy Story Land as their latest attraction to the park this coming June 30th, 2018. I was recently invited to attend a luncheon for the announcement and get a sneak peak of the ride itself. Well at least to stand next to a gigantic slinky dog, how amazing is that! I will be planning my next trip very soon so I can see the whole area brought to life.
Walt Disney World always has magic up their sleeves and never disappoints with each new feature they are showcasing. Guests will have the sensation of shrinking to the size of a toy as they explore Andy’s backyard and see their favorite Toy Story characters larger than life. Whether it’s an exciting ride on a family-friendly coaster, a spin on a toy rocket or a 3D adventure through carnival midway games, guests will be immersed in the playful world of toys. With 3 new rides being brought to the park there is something for everyone. Guests will whoosh along on a family-friendly roller coaster, Slinky Dog Dash, take a spin aboard Alien Swirling Saucers and score high on the midway at the expanded Toy Story Mania!
Slinky Dog Dash:
Alien Swirling Saucers:
Toy Story Mania:
The new reimagined land will be entertaining for every Toy Story fan young and old. There is so much to see and do along the way, There are also enough fun facts and “didn’t-know-that’s” to fill a toy chest.
Did you know?
• There are more than 400 toy blocks fill Andy’s backyard.
• In Toy Story Land, Andy’s footprint is about 25 feet long or the equivalent of a size 240 shoe.
• It would take a Green Army Man roughly 12 steps just to travel the length of one of Andy’s
• You would need a backpack the size of a school bus to carry the Buzz and Woody figures that
tower over Toy Story Land.
• The weight of the Slinky Dog Dash track and support columns weighs almost as much as 125,000
gallons of milk.
• Together Rex and the Jenga Tower are as tall as 7½ Green Army Men standing on top of one
You’ve got a friend in me! So happy to meet up with Andy and Jesse, they are always full of smiles.
Buzz Lightyear and I are ready to blast off into outer space.
Start your Disney Planning now to catch all the action as Toy Story Land opens June 30th, 2018. Which ride are you most excited to check out?
Follow along for upcoming posts of SavvyMomNYC and me, NYCLaurenBeth on our adventures from Walt Disney World attending the Disney Social Media Celebration. (#DisneySMMC)