My savvy ladies and I recently had the opportunity to visit Thomas Land in Edaville USA located in New England.
There are 11 rides based on Thomas & Friends and the Island of Sodor. Attractions at Thomas Land include a 20-minute long scenic train ride on a life-sized Thomas the Tank Engine™ replica, and theme park favorites including a roller coaster, drop tower, Ferris wheel and much more.
Here are my 5 tips for enjoying Thomas Land:
- When visiting the park, I have to say my number one tip would be to arrive early. Parking is free and close to the park too. This is a great way to get the most out of your experience.
2. Once you have arrived in Edaville USA, head straight to Thomas Land. There are many other fun things to do in Edaville but you can do it later. If you wait to head to Thomas Land, the lines will get longer and longer. We enjoyed our morning visit and we were able to go on many rides quickly because of our early start.
Troublesome Trucks Runaway Coaster was a great ride for all three of my girls to enjoy.
The big favorite was Cranky’s Crane Drop. I think they went on the ride about 8 times!
3. Take pictures with all your favorite characters Although my youngest is getting older, she loved seeing all favorite characters. All of the rides and attractions feature beloved characters from Thomas & Friends such as Thomas, Percy, Diesel, Toby, Cranky the Crane, Harold the Helicopter, and more favorites.
While on the Island of Sodor, you can take pictures with the locals too.
The people on the island were so friendly; I had to get my picture taken with them too.
4. Get your picture taken with Thomas. Depending on the day, the train runs on the hour and 1/2 hour. While he is in the station. you have the opportunity to have your photo taken professionally. What a great memory for your little Thomas fan.
5. Plan ahead. If you order your tickets online for a specific date, you can save $3 per ticket. Click here to find out more. With tickets in hand, you can avoid the line and enter the park sooner!
Thomas Land is a great getaway for your Thomas fans and an enjoyable amusement park for all. Since we drove from NYC, we made it a weekend trip and stayed at a local hotel. We enjoyed our stay at John Carver Inn in Plymouth.
Edaville USA is a family amusement center entertaining families for over 70 years. Owner Jon Delli Priscoli purchased Edaville and its 250 acres in 2002. There have been many exciting updates under his ownership including the reconfiguration of the entire narrow gauge rail course and the incorporation of vintage amusement rides such as an antique carousel and an illuminated Ferris wheel. Other attractions throughout the year include, the National Cranberry Festival, which features a train ride through the fall cranberry harvest, and the Christmas Festival of Lights offering rides through brilliantly lit displays in the winter. Thomas Land will be Delli Priscoli’s biggest undertaking at Edaville to date.
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Edaville USA. We received an overnight stay as well as tickets and vouchers to the park in addition to a stipend. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Sarah L says
My nephew loves Thomas and would be over the moon to go there.
This looks like such a fun time, the rides look safe and sturdy, and the whole setting is so quaint!
Kristin C says
My kids are Thomas obsessed. I really have to find a time to take them.
Looks like a fun place! I would love to visit
Terri Steffes says
Now that looks like a whole lotta fun! I’m kinda in love with Thomas, myself! 😉
I’ve been hearing a lot about Thomas Land. I would love to bring my whole family there one day.
This is definitely something my little guy would love! If only they had one in the UK! We will have to remember this if we visit!
Melissa Chapman says
I always loved Thomas and so did my kids but they are older now. I will definitely tell my brother and sister with younger children to try and make the trip to see this great and unique park.
How fun?! This is a place that the whole family would enjoy, not just the kids. I’m thinking about planning a family trip near there soon, so I might have to add this to our itinerary.
Wish I thought of taking my kids to Thomas Land in Edaville USA when they were little. Looks like you guys had a blast.
Great photos and a great read! I love to visit similar places with my family in Sweden, and I wish I’ll get an opportunity to visit Thomas Land with my family!
We have a Thomas Land here in the UK too, and my youngest loves it. We definitely get our money’s worth when we visit as he goes on everything so many times!!
Great to hear! It is right near Plymouth so we explored some nearby historic places too.
They will definitely love. It is so great for the little ones!
I have no idea this place existed. My two year old daughter would go crazy here. So much fun for a family vacation!
Rebecca Brianne says
This is so cute! I used to love Thomas the train sets as a kid and this would have been a blast to visit!