Scholastic sent me the Summer Express workbooks to check out, and is also providing a giveaway prize! As an educator, I know that the summer slump happens. As parents, we want to help our kids stay on track and not lose the knowledge they gained throughout the year. Weekly Reader is here to the rescue with Summer Express books for the elementary grades. Workbooks are a great resource but do not forget about reading too. Your kids should be reading and you should also still be reading to your kids too. This is why I love this prize package. You will also get 5 great books for your kids to read and enjoy during the summer months too.
About the Workbooks
From the award-winning editors of Weekly Reader comes this collection of colorful, fun-filled activity pages designed to reinforce academic skills and knowledge through engaging activities. Targeted to specific grade levels, each book will help prevent summer learning loss with age-appropriate activities that meet today’s higher education standards. With more than 100 curriculum-based activities targeting vocabulary, grammar, writing, reading, and math, these books will help give children a head start in the coming school year.
- Curriculum-based pages help reinforce vocabulary, grammar, writing, reading, math skills, and more
- Helps prevent summer learning loss and prepares students for the coming school year
- 100 activity pages arranged in a progressive, 10-week format
- Suggestions for quick and easy activities to enhance learning and fun
- Colorful stickers for completing each activity
- Includes a weekly incentive chart and certificate
Find the Summer Express workbooks on Amazon
- Between Grades PreK & K
- Between Grades K & 1
- Between Grades 1 & 2
- Between Grades 2 & 3
- Between Grades 3 & 4
- Between Grades 4 & 5
Summer Learning Prize Pack!
One (1) winner receives:
- Complete set of 6 Summer Express workbooks;
- Collection of 5 Scholastic books to engage ages 4 – 12;
- Plus a $50 Visa gift card for even more summer fun!
The Scholastic books included in your prize pack are:
- Ice Cream Summer by Peter Sís
- Little Red’s Riding Hood by Peter Stein and Chris Gall
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Rules of Summer by Shaun Tan
- A Pet for Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold
Giveaway open to US addresses only.
Prizing and samples provided by Scholastic.
Visit the Scholastic Store Online
Follow @Scholastic on Twitter
Like Scholastic Parents on Facebook