2016 in full swing! Are you still following your resolutions? Now is the time to try new things and I would suggest following some of these great new recipes by Haylie Duff.
Haylie is the author of The Real Girl’s Kitchen blog, Cookbook & host of The Real Girl’s Kitchen on Cooking Channel you can follow her on twitter:
@HaylieDuff @RealGirlsKitchen Haylie uses Sweet Scarletts – grapefruit in all her recipes that are geared for all times of day not just as a snack or for breakfast.
Recently I was invited to a special taste testing of Haylie’s recipes and I can attest that they are out of this world. I would have never thought to add grapefruit to some salads or mix it up with BBQ sauce. Each course was brought out to us and you could just see everyone’s delight trying each plate. Haylie mentioned where she gets her inspiration from for each recipe and it really does have that southern comfort feel to it. For her it is a comfort of home cooking from her Texas roots.
Make Winter Sweeter with Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red Grapefruit!
Here are a few reasons you should pick some up on your next trip to the grocery store:
- Sweet Scarletts are in season November through April nationwide. Texas grown grapefruits are consistently delicious because of the climate with warm sunny days and cool nights they produce sweeter and more vibrant grapefruit.
- Half a grapefruit provides 100% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C.
- Half a grapefruit is about 60 calories.
- They are certified by the Non- GMO Project.
- They are naturally fat, cholesterol & Sodium-free
Look at all these fabulous options! Our taste-buds were jumping for joy from each course to the next. Every meal kept getting better and better. It is hard to choose a favorite but I would say the Red Snapper Ceviche was something I normally wouldn’t try, I was amazed at how delectable it was.
Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Grapefruit Sorbet
To make this Sweet Ricotta treat you will need a few ingredients!
Here is the recipe:
Ricotta Cream Ingredients:
1 cup ricotta
1 cup mascarpone cheese
3 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
pinch of lemon zest
pinch of sea salt
Grapefruit Brûlée Ingredients:
5 Wonderful Sweet Scarletts grapefruit segments
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup Wonderful Pistachios, shelled
1. Combine ricotta cream ingredients in a small bowl and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Using a food processor, pulverize shelled pistachios.
3. Using a culinary torch or oven broiler, melt the brown sugar across the Wonderful Sweet Scarletts grapefruit wedges.
4. Arrange sweet cream, grapefruit wedges and garnish with pistachio dust.
5. Drizzle with honey or agave, if desired.
With so many ways to add Sweet Scarletts grapefruit into your diet this season, how will you make them part of your next meal?