As the colder weather approaches, I am always looking for easy ways to save money at home.
There are simple things you can do such as:
- Change light bulbs to LED
- Fix leaky faucets – That drip drop can cause you to spend $$ on your water bill..
- Stuff up drafts so that you are able to maintain a warm temperature without raising the thermostat
- Change filters so everything runs efficiently
- Vacuum under refrigerator – (I just recently did this for the first time!Agh!)
- Buy in bulk
- make homemade cleaners (baking soda, vinegar)
- use cloth napkins, cloth diapers/wipes, hand me down clothes.
- wash only with cold water
- Use thermal curtains. I recently purchased them for my daughters’ room and it really help keep the draft out from my old windows.
My last was to save money at home is to look into solar power and how it might help you save money.
Here is some information about solar power from Sunrun:
- Electricity from Sunrun is more affordable than electricity from your utility. You can spend your savings on your retirement, college tuition, or a dream vacation.
- Sunrun invented solar service, a way to get solar on your roof without the high upfront cost and hassle of ownership.
- Sunrun installs, insures, monitors and maintains a solar system that is designed specifically for you and your home. You just pay a low, locked-in rate for the electricity that the panels produce.
- Sunrun gives you control over your electricity costs and protects you against unpredictable electricity rate increases.
- Sunrun monitors your solar system’s production remotely, so you have peace of mind.
- Sunrun solar is a win-win; good for your wallet, and good for the planet.
Go solar with Sunrun and start saving on your electricity bill immediately. Electricity from Sunrun is more affordable than electricity from your utility.
We have a special offer for Raising 3 Savvy Ladies readers.
If you go solar with Sunrun before Nov. 30, you’ll get a $500 VISA® Prepaid Card. (Conditions apply.)
Get a free solar quote here.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.