Tonight, I attended another fabulous Momtrends event in NYC. As I listened to all the wonderful info on entertaining (that I will share at a later date), I began to hear a little crackling noise.
Hmm, Wonder what that is?
Then a funny smell – something was burning.
My friend and fellow blogger, Michelle, @queentob , says very calmly “Don’t move!”
Of course, I move when I hear someone else yell “Fire!”
Luckily, Michelle, caught it in time and on with the show.
As I thought about what could have happened, I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. My new friend Wendy, @mamaonetothree offered me a drink from the trendy punchbowl.
I should have Stopped, Dropped and Rolled.
After realizing that I was safe and my hair was still there, I added some humor to the situation by envisioning the back of my hair like Jake’s girlfriend in Sixteen Candles after they cut her hair loose from the locked door.
How fitting that this happens the week after Fire Prevention Week – a time when local firefighters visit schools and share safety tips with the students.
So just a friendly reminder to always be careful when there are candles lit no matter how old you are. Be Safe!
That’s a very funny post. Thank goodness you caught it in time.
Emily faliLV says
OH NO!! How embarrassing and funny all at the same time – and it made for a good blog post! 🙂 Glad you are okay!
Omg! Glad ur ok. That must’ve been scary for u.
Valerie Taylor Mabrey says
WOW! Glad you do not smell like a overcooked marshmallow!
It was scary – now I have reason to get a much needed haircut!
Thank you! Yes, I forgot to mention the embarrassing part – everyone in the room was so thoughtful and concerned about my well being that I didn’t think of that right away. But, yes, It was awkward.
I probably would have waited until my head was blazed in flames. Good thing Michelle saw it much sooner!
Summer S. says
OMG How scary! So glad you are okay!!!
A Morning Grouch says
Will your health insurance cover a new color/cut? Because that would be a nice perk.
Bicultural Mama says
Scary, so glad you were okay!
It was not funny. Glad I was there to help and that you weren’t hurt.
Thank goodness you have plenty of beautiful hair. Charred hair is not a good smell…glad there were mulling spices nearby 😉