Verizon Fios has been at my house since the summer of 2009. When my husband said we were getting it, I thought what’s the big deal? I had seen the commercials with the crazy lights coming from the truck. We did not have an HDTV for which I thought FIOS was used.
Do we really need to change? Will we really notice a difference?
The answer was yes. Clearer pictures and lots of great features that make my life easier.
So, here are my favorite reasons about how Verizon Fios makes my life easier:
1. One bill: TV, Internet, and phone are all on one bill: As a busy mom, this is a simple way to monitor the three together. Less hassle and less to forget.
2. Speed, speed, and more speed – Kudos to my internet connection! As an internet savvy mom, connection is key while toggleing through different windows and trying to monitor more than one site at once. I didn’t realize how good the connection was until I used a friend’s- Whoa! Reality check! Thank you for the speed!
3. Parental Controls – With so many options available at all times of the day; literally, AT ALL times, it is great to be able to monitor what the children are watching. There are even some “child-friendly” shows that just don’t sit right with me. The characters belittle their parents and little brother. (I like to delete this show altogether!)
4. Widgets – WeatherBug and Traffic – My oldest is able to click on the widget button and give an update on what the forecast is as well as a quick snapshot of the local traffic while we are running about getting ready in the morning.
5. Social Media Options – It used to be that the kids wanted to watch TV all the time, but lately, it has been that they want to use the computer ALL THE TIME. My 5 year old wants to use my iPhone ALL THE TIME. She loves book apps. How can I stay connected?
Mamma finally gets to use the TV. And with the widgets, I can go check out Facebook and Twitter.
6. Flex View – Ordered a movie, and once again, I fell asleep! Now, with FIOS, that’s OK! You can finish it on your phone. No biggie.
Those are my top reasons for enjoying FIOS. There are so many great features. I feel like I learn something new everyday! If you know of another great FIOS feature, please share it here. Always love to hear a new reason for enjoying FIOS.
Why FiOS Rocks
- Verizon’s advanced fiber optic technology lets you watch HDTV with less interruptions, pixelation, or weather interference.
- FiOS is more weather resistant and more durable than the copper phone lines or coaxial cable .
- With the massive bandwidth of a 100% fiber-optic network connected directly to the home, you’ll be “future-proofed” for all the hot new Internet tools and applications coming down the pike.
- Verizon FiOS TV was rated #1 in value, overall quality and customer loyalty, according to the 2010 American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) Survey for the largest subscription TV service providers.
- J.D. Power and Associates ranked FiOS “Highest in Residential Television Service Satisfaction in the East Region,” three years in a row.
- Watch this video of real kids talking about why FiOS is cool