“It’s the most wonderful time of the year!” Who doesn’t love the classic Staples commericial where Dad is dancing through the aisles so happy that the kids are going back to school. The children are oh so sad. As I think of this commercial, it reminds me of the importance getting supplies for the new school year.
As a savvy mom of three girls, I want my girls to have the best supplies and things that they need. Buying for three can be expensive so I am always on the hunt for savings.
Here are some helpful hints:
1. Shop early! Staples claimed July 14 as the official start of the back to school shopping season.
There have been some amazing offers. Did you get your free backpack? My daughter was so happy to get a PURPLE bag. Yeah!
2. In my neighborhood, flyers or circulars for the next week come on Wednesday. Comparison shop then. I know it is on the internet, but there is something to be said for looking at them all on a table.
3. Make a list and stick to it. It is still early so there is no need to buy everything at once.
4. Buy the maximum allowed. Most of back to school items increase in price drastically throughout the year. Stock up now.
5. Buy extra and use as party favors or to make a birthday present. Fill a backpack with lots of school supplies and you will be a hit!
6. The cheapest might be the dearest in the long run. There is something to be said for Crayola. As a mom and teacher for 12 years, Crayola does make a difference. Get quality at great discounts now.
7. Stock up on glue sticks too! Kids are always loosing the covers and then they dry up. Buy extra and you will be prepared for school projects and for that midyear letter when the teacher asks for more.
8. If you have many children, there are times where the maximum might not be enough. Introduce yourself to the store manager. Creating a relationship and explaining your situation might allow you to get more. It is worth a try!
9. Look online for promotional coupons or codes. Many businesses have extra discounts coupons online. I print out extra and Pay it Forward when I am in the store. People get so happy when you hand them the coupon.
10. Stock up on snacks too. Many packaged snack have expiration dates far in advance. I find stores with double coupons and wait for items to be on sale. Then I stock up on items such as pretzels, fruit snacks, and crackers.
Staples makes going back-to-school easy for 2010:
Staples provides significant savings, a wide selection of quality products, and a one-stop shop and stress-free shopping experience.
Staples is in-stock throughout the entire season and into the start of the school year.
Staples kicks off the back-to-school season to provide customers with an official start date for back-to-school shopping and a clear roadmap for value throughout the season.
Staples is the expert on back-to-school, with more than 20 years experience.
Staples offers more ways to save from hot buys like penny and dollar deals to savings on technology to reduced low prices on hundreds of core items.
More info: http://www.staples.com
Join Staples on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/staples
Follow Staples on Twitter: http://twitter.com/staplestweets
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Staples blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.