The show must go on! No matter what the weather is outside the theater transforms you into a place where anything can happen. I was invited to attend a preview off Amélie when NYC was hit with a blizzard. Lucky for me I was not far away and was able to make it to the show. The house was packed with theatergoers eager to see the highly anticipated performance of Phillipa Soo. For Amélie life is a risk worth taking.
I love the theater from musicals to plays it is a way to enjoy the performance and take you into another dimension. The 4th wall is broken and you feel like you are in the actor’s realm. From comedy to a drama shows can pull at your heartstrings. I had not seen the movie prior to attending the musical, I am glad I didn’t so I had nothing to compare it too. But will certainly check it out now to see the difference. It is a foreign film now transformed into a musical.
Here are my 5 reasons to attend Amélie On Broadway.
- You will be able to see Phillipa Soo perform and sing in an original role. How great is it to see and hear someone with such an eclectic background. I always enjoy seeing a show with the first cast. There is something remarkable about it, knowing how much hard work and dedication went into the process of putting this musical together. Again you get to see Phillipa Soo, she originated the role of Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton in the Broadway musical Hamilton. Her character grows up being sheltered from children her own age due to a heart condition, her parents are very overbearing however they are doing everything for her best interest or is it for theirs. Once on her own, she is exposed to life, culture and so much more.
- The small and energetic cast portrays many characters that you will fall in love with. The whimsical and quirky theme of the musical transforms easily from scene to scene. The laughs are constant and just wait until Elton John makes and appearance. I couldn’t contain myself. As the story of each of them unwinds you are eager to see how everything will unravel and how easily their lives intertwine.
- There is a gigantic gnome in the show! The gnome plays a pivotal role in the show regarding the relationship of Amelie and her father. You can only imagine the adventures the gnome is on.
- Be a DREAMER! Meet someone halfway you never know how long it took them to get them that far. Adam Chanler-Berat plays Nino her love interest through a game of cat and mouse. Each not knowing at first they are meant to be with each other. It can take a village to make you aware that this person is the right one for you. But more importantly how they will make sure that they don’t break your heart or hurt you. Everything is clear looking out her window and looking into others lives, but she doesn’t look at her life in the same way.
- Enjoy an evening of entertainment of love laughs and possibly a little tear in your eye. The music and score are both beautifully written and listening to Phillipa Soo and the cast sing it is magical. See the show with your best friends and reminisce over a first love, your dreams, and aspirations.
To get tickets go to Ticketmaster.
I was invited to attend a preview of the Musical Amélie. All thoughts and opinions are my own.