The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
This past year, my children participated in an Hour of Code at School. From that point on, they were interested in coding and trying to problems solve on a variety of websites. A group of students from the high school visited their classes and showed them that coding can come off the screen and be used with some great tech toys including Dash from Wonder Workshop.
Not only are they educational, but they are lots of fun too. Tech toys like Dash provide experiences where children can play on their own or work together to learn, build and grow.
So, what is Dash you might be asking?
Dash is a real robot, charged and ready to play out of the box. Responding to voice, navigating objects, dancing, and singing, Dash is the robot you always dreamed of having. Use Wonder, Blockly, and other apps to create new behaviors for Dash — doing more with robotics than ever possible. No books or camps needed!
You can only imagine the excitement in my house when Dash arrived.
My 10 year old immediately took to reading the directions and experimenting with all the app has to offer.
She even wrote down why she loved it so I thought I would share it with you.
Top 5 Reasons Why My 5th Grader Loves Dash
- He’s fun but also taught me robotics and coding by making Dash do certain things such as moving, changing color, and making noise.
- You can make him make animal sounds or you can record your own voice.
- All ages of students should be able to use Dash because you can do simple and challenging things with Dot and Dash.
- There are different apps that you can use for Dash and Dot such as Go and Wonder. Go and Wonder are very simalar but Wonder lets you add on accessories.
- You can do both apps with Dot or Dash. They both have their own special features. Dash can move and Dot can act like an eight ball.
Take a look at our video review where she shows you hot to record your voice and make Dash speak.
In the video, she talks about her favorite features and how she uses this technology at home.
Why would you recommend this product?
Yes, Yes, Yes! Dash is for all ages and it is easy to learn. Then, as you begin to figure out more things, you are challenged with the next steps. Kids love tech products and they will definitely love Dash and the apps that go with him.