Heading back to school can be a time filled with many emotions. Heading to a new building can also lead to excitement and nervousness at the same time.
My oldest is headed to Middle School this fall. One way her school is helping to alleviate some of the stress of the first day is by having a day for the kids to come in and find their locker for the first time so that they can practice using the lock. Oh, and of course, to decorate the locker too. What an exciting time this will be! She will also need a lock for her gym locker so I am glad that Master Lock has different options for her to test out before the beginning of the year.
Did you know that nearly half of North American parents admitted that their child has had an item stolen from them at school, with the most valuable being their cell phone? That is a scary statistic. I am happy that Master Lock has lots of different products that will help her keep her things safe. Master Lock is always striving to provide families with the best products and advice to help families live their lives safely and securely. They also have a variety of stylish, secure and customizable products to make students “back-to-school” savvy and ensure they don’t forget their combination!
Master Lock offers a wide range of products and tools for student use including padlocks for school and gym lockers, laptop locks, backpack locks and an online website and mobile app for storing passwords and other important documents.
Master Lock has a great line of products for Back to School:
In 2010, Master Lock reinvented the traditional padlock with the introduction of the Speed Dial – the first padlock that opens on directional movements (up, down, left, right) instead of the traditional rotary dial. In 2012, the brand topped itself again with the release of the first-ever digital padlock called the dialSpeed.
- Master Lock 1500eDBX dialSpeed Digital Combination Lock: With a high tech gadget like this, it makes it hard to forget your combination. This lock offers ultrafast entry and features an electronic light-up keypad with a unique online Backup Master Code that users can retrieve from masterlockvault.com. It is designed to do with one hand so it makes it easy to use when holding on to books and belongings.
Available in black and white and retails for $15.99.
- 1535DWD Set-Your-Own Combination Lock If you know your word or numbers , you are good to go! This is great for students who prefer to create memorable combinations in the form of numbers or a word, initials or a favorite acronym.
Select styles are available in black or white with brightly colored dials and retail for $7.99. New this year are white locks featuring bright and trendy turquoise or pink dials inspired by the fall 2014 PANTONE® Fashion Color Report.
- 5900D SafeSpace™ Portable Safe: Keep your things safe while socializing. Stash cash, jewelry, credit cards and more in the SafeSpace for security on-the-go. Features an integrated cable that can be securely anchored to a fixed object or used as a handle for convenient carrying. Available in white, grey and pink and retails for $19.99.
Master Lock Photo Hunt Challenge
- Master Lock is dialing up back-to-school fun for students and parents with an interactive online game, “Master Lock Photo Hunt Challenge.” The game offers players a chance to view the many products Master Lock offers to keep students’ belongs safe at school while getting a chance to win fun Master Lock products and other cool prizes.
- Now through September 7, participants can go to www.MasterLockPhotoHunt.com for a chance to win back-to-school security items and create a Master Lock shopping wish list. Players can add any of the Master Lock products they see while playing the game to their wish list and email it to mom or dad for easy back-to-school shopping
- The game features two similar back-to-school images and asks players to spot the differences before time runs out. Finding all the differences will unlock the next photo board with the potential to earn up to two sweepstakes entries for each play. If participants share the photo hunt challenge on Twitter, they earn an additional entry.
- There are more than 65 chances to win, including daily instant win prizes, weekly prizes and one grand prize: a Samsung Smart Media Center Package that includes a 60” HD 1080p Smart LED HDTV.
Join the Master Lock Twitter Party on August 5th at 8 PM EST, hosted by @ResourcefulMom. #MasterBackToSchool