Last week, we took a journey the east coast as we do each summer. My girls are used to being in the car for long hours and I have found different ways to keep them busy.
Here are my tips for keeping the peace during a long car ride:
1. Bring new things to keep them busy. Right before leaving, Fox Home Entertainment sent my girls Rio 2 travel bags filled with goodies for the trip. I find that new things keep them busy for hours. They loved exploring what was in the bag.
2. Play I Spy. This can keep them busy for hours.
3. Coloring is another great activity. Bring a brand new box of colored pencils and they are very happy.
4. Drawing also makes the time pass. I gave them each a new notebook and we continued with the Rio 2 fun.
5. Finally, we downloaded Rio 2 on Digital HD and watched on my iPad. They were so excited to see it again! On July 15, it is available on Bluray/DVD . Have you entered our giveaway for a copy yet? Go do it now so you can have some Rio 2 fun.
I would love to hear some of your tips for keeping kids busy in during long drives. We had a few moments where all were getting cranky so: